Adult Attachment Interview (DMM-AAI): Introduction for low-risk and mild clinical conditions
20 Aprile @ 3:00 pm - 9 Dicembre @ 8:00 pm AESTAU$5,400
Instructor: Clark Baim, PhD
Dates: 18 days by Zoom: 20-22 April; 22-24 June; 27-29 July; 7-9 Sept; 26-28 Oct; 7-9 Dec 2023. In addition, there are weekly practice assignments between the scheduled sessions.
- Sydney: 3pm-8pm (tbc)
- China: 12pm-5pm (tbc)
Location: on-line by Zoom
Content: this course teaches discourse analysis and classification for the AAI, for non-risk and (mild) out-patient clinical applications of the AAI, using the DMM method.
There are (a) weekly coding work between the sessions and (b) a requirement to submit 3 AAIs carried out by the course participant; this work must be completed to receive a Certificate for Administering the AAI.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its academic equivalent; Master’s and doctoral degrees are recommended.
- Attachment, Neurodevelopment & Psychopathology before completing the AAI course (i.e., AN&P may be taken concurrently).
Language: English for the course, but practice and the reliability test can be partly in selected other languages if needed.
Benefits to clinicians of taking the AAI course:
- Provide crucial history about danger & its impact on personal adaptation, particularly as it affects psychological treatment
- Change the way you hear language, especially in treatment
- Change the way you use language, especially in treatment
- Establish a shared knowledge base with your client/patient
- Create compassion where there was blame or doubt
- Create a way of working together in treatment
- Jumpstart the treatment or restart a stalled treatment
- Set the speaker’s mind in motion
- Enable the therapist to find the person’s ZPD
- Enable the therapist to avoid blind alleys
- Permit reliable coders to classify the strategies used by individuals;
- Note: coding reliability and earning a coding certificate usually require more effort than this 18-day course.
Cost: $5400 AUD (incl. GST)
The registration fee covers the course, feedback on participant’s 3 AAIs, practice transcripts between sessions, and the reliability test.
The total course fee is payable to Berry Street through our online registration and payment system. Credit Card and Direct Deposit payments will be accepted.
All students MUST pay 100% of the course fee before the 30 March 2023, there will be no exceptions.
Registration: please contact Prue Bouman, Berry Street, Melbourne, Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you are offered a place on the course (see application process for more information) you will be required to register by 27 February 2023 to secure your place and finalise payment by 30 March 2023 to confirm your course place.
Cancellation: the course may not proceed if minimum numbers are not met. A decision will be made and communicated no later than 2 March 2023.
Should the course not proceed all payments received by Berry Street will be refunded in full.
- 20 Aprile @ 3:00 pm AEST
- 9 Dicembre @ 8:00 pm AEST
- Categoria Course:
- Adult Attachment Interview
- Tag Course:
- distance learning, dmm training, adult attachment training, attachment training, Advanced attachment training, adulthood, clark baim, dmm, AAI
- Sito web:
- Distance Learning
- Berry Street
- 03 9429 9266
- Sito web: