Adult Attachment Interview training – For normative and mild clinical conditions (Asheville, NC and online)
16 Aprile 2023 @ 10:00 am - 22 Aprile 2023 @ 12:00 pm UTC-5$3000
This course teaches discourse analysis for the AAI, for normative and (mild) out-patient clinical applications of the AAI, using the DMM method. There is weekly coding work between the sessions and a requirement to submit 3 AAIs carried out by the course participant; this work must be completed to receive a certificate for administering the AAI.
A reliability test is included in the course fee; passing it yields a certificate for coding and classifying AAIs. Because very few people pass the test immediately after taking the course and the test cannot be taken twice, participants are encouraged to take further AAI training before taking the test. There is a retest available, but it has an additional fee.
A didactic Advanced ‘Week 4’ Clinical Course will be offered later for more serious clinical and forensic applications.
Dates: 18 days. April 16-21; June 24-June 29; Sept 9-14, 2023.
Location: on-line by Zoom or in person in Asheville, NC, USA
Time: the course time is stated as Eastern Standard Time (New York, etc.). You should adjust for your time zone. Each session begins at 10am EST and ends 2 hours later at 12pm. There will also be a meeting with your facilitator.
Instructor: Patricia Crittenden, PhD, with Amanda Whitford Ahearn as co-trainer
- Bachelor’s Degree or its academic equivalent; Master’s and doctoral degrees are recommended.
- Attachment, Neurodevelopment & Psychopathology before completing the AAI course (i.e., AN&P may be taken concurrently).
Language: English for the course, but practice and the reliability test can be partly in selected other languages if needed.
Benefits to clinicians of taking the AAI course:
- Provide crucial history about danger & its impact on personal adaptation, particularly as it affects psychological treatment
- Change the way you hear language, especially in treatment
- Change the way you use language, especially in treatment
- Establish a shared knowledge base with your client/patient
- Create compassion where there was blame or doubt
- Create a way of working together in treatment
- Jumpstart the treatment or restart a stalled treatment
- Set the speaker’s mind in motion
- Enable the therapist to find the person’s ZPD
- Enable the therapist to avoid blind alleys
- Permit reliable coders to classify the strategies used by individuals;
- Note: coding reliability and earning a coding certificate usually require more effort than this 18-day course.
Cost: $3000 before January 31, 2023; $3500 beginning February 1, 2023.
The registration fee covers the course, feedback on participant’s 3 AAIs, practice transcripts between sessions, and the reliability test.
Enrolment is not guaranteed until payment is made. Payment must be complete before the course is begun.
All payments are non-refundable. Invoicing and receipts involve extra charges.
Registration: please contact Patricia M. Crittenden, PhD regarding registration (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is a limited number of participants.
Cancellation: the course may be cancelled if fewer than six people register; please note that when purchasing flights.
- 16 Aprile 2023 @ 10:00 am UTC-5
- 22 Aprile 2023 @ 12:00 pm UTC-5
- Categoria Course:
- Adult Attachment Interview
- Tag Course:
- distance learning, dmm training, adult attachment training, attachment training, Advanced attachment training, adulthood, Patricia Crittenden, dmm, AAI, attachment course
- Distance Learning