Adult Attachment Interview (DMM-AAI): Introduction for low-risk and mild clinical conditions
16 Aprile @ 10:00 am - 22 Aprile @ 12:00 pm UTC-5$3000
Instructor: Patricia Crittenden, PhD, with Amanda Whitford Ahearn as co-trainer and several facilitators, including Spanish-speaking facilitators.
Dates: 18 days by Zoom: April 16-21; June 24-June 29; Sept 9-14, 2023. In addition, there are weekly practice assignments between the scheduled sessions.
- Sydney: 2am* – 6am* (*the next day), plus a facilitator meeting
- China: 11pm – 3am*, plus a facilitator meeting
- CET: 4pm-8pm, plus a facilitator meeting
- UK: 3pm-7pm, plus a facilitator meeting
- EST: 10am-2pm, plus a facilitator meeting
- PST: 7am-11am , plus a facilitator meeting
Location: on-line by Zoom (10am-2pm EST) or in person in Asheville, NC, USA.
Content: this course teaches discourse analysis and classification for the AAI, for non-risk and (mild) out-patient clinical applications of the AAI, using the DMM method.
There are (a) weekly coding work between the sessions and (b) a requirement to submit 3 AAIs carried out by the course participant; this work must be completed to receive a Certificate for Administering the AAI.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its academic equivalent; Master’s and doctoral degrees are recommended.
- Attachment, Neurodevelopment & Psychopathology before completing the AAI course (i.e., AN&P may be taken concurrently).
Language: English for the course, but practice and the reliability test can be partly in selected other languages if needed.
Benefits to clinicians of taking the AAI course:
- Provide crucial history about danger & its impact on personal adaptation, particularly as it affects psychological treatment
- Change the way you hear language, especially in treatment
- Change the way you use language, especially in treatment
- Establish a shared knowledge base with your client/patient
- Create compassion where there was blame or doubt
- Create a way of working together in treatment
- Jumpstart the treatment or restart a stalled treatment
- Set the speaker’s mind in motion
- Enable the therapist to find the person’s ZPD
- Enable the therapist to avoid blind alleys
- Permit reliable coders to classify the strategies used by individuals;
- Note: coding reliability and earning a coding certificate usually require more effort than this 18-day course.
Cost: $3000 before January 31, 2023; $3500 beginning February 1, 2023.
The registration fee covers the course, feedback on participant’s 3 AAIs, practice transcripts between sessions, and the reliability test.
Enrolment is not guaranteed until payment is made. Payment must be complete before the course is begun.
All payments are non-refundable. Invoicing and receipts involve extra charges.
Registration: please contact Patricia M. Crittenden, PhD regarding registration (email@example.com). There is a limited number of participants.
Cancellation: the course may be cancelled if fewer than six people register; please note that when purchasing flights.
- 16 Aprile @ 10:00 am UTC-5
- 22 Aprile @ 12:00 pm UTC-5
- Categoria Course:
- Adult Attachment Interview
- Tag Course:
- distance learning, dmm training, adult attachment training, attachment training, Advanced attachment training, adulthood, Patricia Crittenden, dmm, AAI, attachment course
- Distance Learning