- Questo evento è passato.
Attachment & Psychopathology online training (Australia Eastern time zone)
22 Novembre 2022 @ 8:00 am - 14 Dicembre 2022 @ 11:00 am UTC+0920$ AUS
This course focuses on the development, prevention and treatment of psychological disorder. It weaves together theory, human development, assessment, case examples and treatment applications to reframe maladaptive behaviour as adaptive strategies for self-protection in dangerous bio-psycho-social contexts. The course focuses on development from infancy to adulthood, emphasising the process of adaptation and developmental pathways that carry risk for psychopathology.
The model used is the Dynamic-Maturational Model (DMM) of Attachment and Adaptation, developed by Dr. Patricia M. Crittenden. The DMM is relevant to individuals who are at risk, who have been exposed to danger, who display disturbed or maladaptive behaviour, or who are diagnosed as having a psychiatric disorder. A particular emphasis is cultural influences on attachment.
- Perceiving discrepant behaviour, seeing commonly overlooked clues.
- Identifying false-positive affect and uncovering hidden problems in their early stages.
- Differentiating symptoms and self-protective strategies, specifying how symptoms function.
- Functional formulation: moving beyond symptom-based diagnoses to understanding the underlying function of behaviour (i.e. the needs the person is trying to meet).
Treatment planning, choosing treatment strategies to:
- Increase efficiency
- Lower cost
- Reduce risk of iatrogenic harm
- Level of family functioning scale.
- Gradient of intervention scale.
- Downloadable materials.
- Daily text of slides (with registration only).
- Bibliography of numerous published papers.
Who Should Attend?
The course is for professionals from a range of disciplines who work with adults, children and families where insecure attachment and / or unresolved trauma and loss may be a significant factor affecting family members’ safety, health, and well-being. This includes professionals working within mental health, social work, criminal justice, the voluntary / charitable sector, and related fields.
A solid understanding of attachment theory is beneficial before attending the course.
This course is also a prerequisite for people who intend to take courses in DMM assessments such as the Adult Attachment Interview (AAI). Berry Street will be offering the AAI as an online course commencing in April 2023.
Trainer: Clark Baim
Dates & Times
- Week 1: 22 & 23 Nov, 8-11am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- Week 2: 29 & 30 Nov, 8-11am AEST
- Week 3: 6 & 7 Dec, 8-11am AEST
- Week 4: 13 & 14 Dec, 8-11am AEST
This course will be delivered over eight 3-hour webinars. Sessions will not be recorded.
Cost: AUS$920.00 (incl. tax)
Booking: via Berry Street, see the course page.
The course is offered in partnership with Berry Street.
- 22 Novembre 2022 @ 8:00 am UTC+0
- 14 Dicembre 2022 @ 11:00 am UTC+0
- 920$ AUS
- Categoria Course:
- Attachment and Psychopathology
- Tag Course:
- distance learning, dmm training, attachment training, attachment and psychopathology, clark baim, Australia, dmm, A&P
- Sito web:
- Distance Learning
- Berry Street
- 03 9429 9266
- Visualizza il sito dell'Organizzatore