- Questo evento è passato.
Attachment & Psychopathology online training (Eastern European time zone)
17 Ottobre 2022 @ 10:00 am - 14 Novembre 2022 @ 2:00 pm UTC+0
Note: The course will be taught in English.
This course focuses on the development, prevention and treatment of psychological disorder. It weaves together theory, human development, assessment, case examples and treatment applications to reframe maladaptive behaviour as adaptive strategies for self-protection in dangerous bio-psycho-social contexts. The course focuses on development from infancy to adulthood, emphasising the process of adaptation and developmental pathways that carry risk for psychopathology.
The model used is the Dynamic-Maturational Model (DMM) of Attachment and Adaptation, developed by Dr. Patricia M. Crittenden. The DMM is relevant to individuals who are at risk, who have been exposed to danger, who display disturbed or maladaptive behaviour, or who are diagnosed as having a psychiatric disorder. A particular emphasis is cultural influences on attachment.
- Perceiving discrepant behaviour, seeing commonly overlooked clues.
- Identifying false-positive affect and uncovering hidden problems in their early stages.
- Differentiating symptoms and self-protective strategies, specifying how symptoms function.
- Functional formulation: moving beyond symptom-based diagnoses to understanding the underlying function of behaviour (i.e. the needs the person is trying to meet).
Treatment planning, choosing treatment strategies to:
- Increase efficiency
- Lower cost
- Reduce risk of iatrogenic harm
- Level of family functioning scale.
- Gradient of intervention scale.
- Downloadable materials.
- Daily text of slides (with registration only).
- Bibliography of numerous published papers.
Who Should Attend?
The course is for professionals from a range of disciplines who work with adults, children and families where insecure attachment and / or unresolved trauma and loss may be a significant factor affecting family members’ safety, health, and well-being. This includes professionals working within mental health, social work, criminal justice, the voluntary / charitable sector, and related fields.
A solid understanding of attachment theory is beneficial before attending the course.
This course is also a prerequisite for people who intend to take courses in DMM assessments such as the Adult Attachment Interview (AAI).
Trainer: Clark Baim
Dates & Times
October 17, 21, 24, 27, 31 and November 3, 7, 10 and 14. 10am – 2pm Eastern European Time Zone
This course will be delivered over nine 4-hour webinars. Sessions will not be recorded.
Cost: Please contact the organisers.
Booking: The organisers are Irina Tudorascu and Cristina Maldaianu. They can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 17 Ottobre 2022 @ 10:00 am UTC+0
- 14 Novembre 2022 @ 2:00 pm UTC+0
- Categoria Course:
- Attachment and Psychopathology
- Tag Course:
- distance learning, dmm training, attachment training, attachment and psychopathology, clark baim, dmm, A&P, attachment course
- Distance Learning