- Questo evento è passato.
Infant Care Index (ICI) with Andrea Landini M.D. in Iceland
24 Ottobre @ 9:00 am - 26 Ottobre @ 4:00 pm GMT€935
The CARE-Index (CI) is a clinical and research tool used to screen for risk and guide intervention in normative and at risk dyads. It is the simplest and most versatile of the assessments within the DMM series of assessments developed by Dr. Patricia Crittenden. The Infant CI assesses adult-infant interaction from birth to 15 months using 3-5 minute video-recorded play interactions.
Coding of an interaction takes about 15-20 minutes. The CARE-Index is suitable for mothers, fathers, grandparents, etc., including people who are unfamiliar to the infant.
The CARE-Index can be used with other family information to:
• Screen dyads for services
• Assist parents to understand their infant’s behavior
• Initiate focused prevention services
• Develop new understandings of children’s development through research
• Develop functional formulations of family problems
• Guide decision-making around placement, fostering, and adoption
Who is it for?
The Infant CARE-Index is a useful, portable tool for a wide range of Health and Social Care professionals whose work involves assessing and mounting interventions to improve parent-child interaction in the first 15 months of the child’s life. It can be used with families from all backgrounds and cultures and with infants and toddlers, including those with developmental problems such as physical and learning disabilities.
Dates and times
- Tue, Oct 24, 2023 09:00-16:00
- Wed, Oct 25, 2023 09:00-16:00
- Thu, Oct 26, 2023 09:00-16:00
- + 3 days online
Location: Lífsgæðasetur St. Jó, Suðurgata 41, 220 Hafnarfjordur (Reykjavik metro area) – Iceland
Trainer: Andrea Landini, M.D. Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Registration contact: R. Bjorg Gudmundsdottir, firstname.lastname@example.org